According to a survey conducted by Mediakix, 80% of marketers find influencer marketing effective. 71% of marketers rate the quality of customers and traffic from influencer marketing as better than other marketing sources. 89% of marketers say influencer marketing ROI is as good or better than other marketing channels. Want to stay ahead of the game? Know the latest influencer marketing trends in order to boost conversions from your influencer marketing campaigns.
Based on my 1000+ collaborations with Instagram Influencers, here are the influencer marketing trends for 2020:
- Instagram will still be the preferred channel over Facebook and others for influencer collaborations in 2020. Influencers on TikTok will gain popularity. Marketers will find creative ways to market their brands on TikTok.
- Video content creators will gain even more popularity. Instagram TV will grow in popularity and will reach new heights. Instagram TV will compete with YouTube.
- Micro and Nano influencers will rise to the scene. Nano influencers will drive better ROI than micro-influencers because of the higher engagement rates of their accounts.
- The relationship between brands and influencers will strengthen even more. They will focus on long-term relationships. It will be less transactional and more strategic. Barter-based collaborations will flourish even more.
- Brands will get more ROI when the same influencer promotes their product not once, but multiple times.
- Influencers with genuine audiences will survive. Brands will come together to fight fake followers and engagement.
- Brands will use influencer generated content across all their marketing channels.
- ROI will depend on the authenticity of the influencer generated content, and how effectively the influencer connects with the brand.
- More Instagram Analytics platforms will be launched (like Iconosquare), some of them will aim to provide third party pixel tracking.
- Influencers will be more than happy to disclose sponsored collaborations in 2020.
Need an influencer marketing strategy that actually works for your brand? Hit me up!